Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the Contact Us page.
Report of the Terra Nova Development Project Environmental Assessment Panel
Appendix I: Acknowledgements
The Panel wishes to express its thanks to all those individuals, groups, and representatives of federal, provincial and local government agencies who participated in the review of the Terra Nova Development, particularly Ms. Janet Russell, Dr. Len Zedel, Mr. Glen Brown and Mr. Dan Corbett. All participants spent considerable time and effort in preparing briefs and presenting them to the Panel. The Panel appreciates the co-operation of Petro-Canada on behalf of the Proponents, its staff and consultants, particularly Mr. Greg Lever, Mr. Wishart Robson, Mr. Bruce Shaw, Mr. John Katay, Mr. Jim Ferrier and Mr. Keith Ng, throughout the environmental assessment process.
The Panel also wishes to extend special thanks to its secretariat and support staff who assisted in the review and the completion of its report: Ms. Catherine Badke, Panel Secretariat Manager; Ms. Angie Barrados, Panel Analyst; and, Ms. Lynn Barter, Information Officer; also to Mr. Ben Hansen who provided the cover photograph.
Finally, the Panel would also like to thank the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency and the Canada-Newfoundland Offshore Petroleum Board for their assistance throughout the review.
- Executive Summary
- 1.0 Introduction
- 2.0 Fundamental Findings
- 3.0 Socio-Economic Impacts of the Project
- 4.0 The Impact of the Environment on the Project
- 5.0 Environmental Effects of the Project
- 6.0 Monitoring
- 7.0 Recommendations
- Appendix A: Biographies of Panel Members
- Appendix B: Terms of Reference
- Appendix C: Participant Funding Program
- Appendix D: Presenters at Public Hearings
- Appendix E: Key Review Documents
- Appendix F: Acts, Regulations and Guidelines cited in the Report
- Appendix G: Abbreviations
- Appendix H: Glossary
- Appendix I: Acknowledgements
- Figure 1: Location of the Terra Nova Development
- Figure 2: Terra Nova Oil Field and Potential Drill Centre Layout
- Date Modified: