Acts and Regulations
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012(CEAA2012) and its regulations establish the legislative basis for the federal environmental assessment process.
Regulations define the types of projects subject to CEAA 2012 that may require an environmental assessment, the information to be provided in project descriptions and what costs can be recovered from proponents.
What are we doing?
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency is responsible for the following:
- Act and List of Regulations
- Forward Regulatory Plan
- Administrative Burden Baseline
- Interpretation Policy
All of the government’s Acts and Regulations can be found on the Justice Canada website.
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date Modified: