Participant funding application for an environmental assessment
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers a Participant Funding Program, which supports individuals, non-profit organizations and Aboriginal groups interested in participating in federal environmental assessments.
Participating in federal environmental assessments helps to ensure that concerns from the public and Aboriginal groups are taken into consideration during an environmental assessment process.
To be eligible for participant funding, you must demonstrate the value you will add by participating in an environmental assessment and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a direct, local interest in the project, such as living or owning property in the project area;
- Have community knowledge or Aboriginal traditional knowledge relevant to the environmental assessment;
- Plan to provide expert information relevant to the anticipated environmental effects of the project; and/or
- Have an interest in the potential impacts of the project on treaty lands, settlement lands or traditional territories and/or related claims and rights.
To apply, download an application form available for each type of environmental assessment:
- Application – Environmental assessments undertaken by the Agency [PDF - 2,204 KB]; or
- Application – Environmental assessments undertaken by a Review Panel [PDF - 1,484 KB]
Submit completed applications and supporting documents to the Agency at PFP.PAFP@ceaa-acee.gc.ca.
The Agency assumes no responsibility for misdirected or delayed application submissions.
Disclaimer: Some electronic documents are currently available only in Adobe's Portable Document Format. To request an alternate format, contact:
Participant Funding Program
Consult the Participant Funding Program – National Program Guidelines for more details on who is eligible, how to apply, what expenses may be funded and how the Program works.
Successful applicants will be required to sign a standard contribution agreement and to provide a completed Detailed Financial Report with supporting invoices and/or receipts for reimbursement of eligible costs over the course of an environmental assessment.
- View a standard contribution agreement [PDF - 215 KB]
- Download a Detailed Financial Report [PDF - 966 KB].
The Government of Canada is switching from cheques to direct deposit, an electronic transfer of funds deposited directly into your bank account, which will be faster than cheques. To enroll, download and complete the Recipient Registration and Electronic Payment Request Form.
- Download a Recipient Registration and Electronic Payment Request Form [PDF - 2,903 KB]
Submit the completed form to the Agency at PFP.PAFP@ceaa-acee.gc.ca.
For more information on direct deposit, visit your bank or financial institution, call toll free at 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) or visit Public Works and Government Services Canada’s website.
- Date Modified: